[Zope-dev] Serving big files thru zope?

Dario Lopez-Kästen dario at ita.chalmers.se
Mon Mar 1 02:24:06 EST 2004

Hello,

I need to serve big files from zope - PDF, movies, large PS-files,
Students lab-results, etc. We recently moved from LocalFS to  Dirstorage
to manage ZEO-ability in a clustered enviromnet).

Quite a while ago, I remember having read somewhere on the lists that
there is a pacth/fix for Zope/ZServer that optimises the way zope serves
large files.

Is the current state of ZServer such that it is suboptimal for serving
large files? if so,

a) what is the problem with the current implementation?
b) is there a fix available?

if not b) then I am willing to start looking into it. I need this for my
unis student web-site.

Thanx,

/dario