[Zope-dev] Image.tag() no longer publishable?

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Thu Mar 4 18:10:18 EST 2004

On Thu, Mar 04, 2004 at 05:14:37PM -0500, Chris McDonough wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-03-04 at 16:38, Paul Winkler wrote:
> > In 2.6.2, 2.6.4, and 2.7.0 I get the "missing docstring" error:
> >
> > "The object at http://localhost:8080/foo.jpg/tag
> > has an empty or missing docstring. Objects must have a docstring
> > to be published."
>
> I have seen this message being raised in many places "falsely", at least
> in Zope 2.7.0+.  I haven't found the cause.  It doesn't mean what it
> says it means in these cases, but it does always seem to mean that your
> security is fucked up somehow and what you're trying to do isn't
> allowed.

I don't see how *my* security, per se, could be fscked up in this case...
I get the error even logged in as Manager, and even if the
image has all permissions for anonymous.

time for a pdb session...
so far all I've found is that, indeed, app.some_folder.some_image.tag
has no docstring! Bizarre because I can see it in the sources.
It appears that the error means something pretty close to what it
says it means :-P
More digging to follow ...

--

Paul Winkler