[Zope-dev] Order of Form Keys in REQUEST

Max M maxm at mxm.dk
Wed Mar 10 20:04:52 EST 2004

Sandra Chong wrote:
> Thank you so much. :D You guys are legends. I will try keeping a separate
> ordered list and save it in the session for the form handler to refer to.
> Many thanks again. :)

It is easier to save it in a hidden field in the form:

     <input type="hidden" name="sorted_keys" value="key1,key1,key3,key4">

And then you can get it like (PythonScript):

     sorted_keys = REQUEST['sorted_keys'].split(',')

But as far as I remember, a form keps the order of items in it, per the
spec. So you could probably do:

     <tal:block tal:repeat="key sorted_keys">
         <input type="hidden" name="sorted_keys:list"
                tal:attributes="key">
     </tal:block>

Which you can get like (PythonScript):

     sorted_keys = REQUEST['sorted_keys']

And I am pretty shure that they are in order. But I could be wrong, so
the first approach is probably the safest.

Btw. These questions should really be asked on the Zope list, not
zope-dev. zope-dev is for subjects regarding the development of zope,
while the zope list is for development with Zope.

regards Max M