[Zope-dev] Re: test.py

Fred Drake fred at zope.com
Fri Mar 12 18:54:31 EST 2004

On Friday 12 March 2004 05:40 am, yuppie wrote:
 > I don't care much *how* this is resolved, but I'd like to have this
 > consistent and up to date. If I always have to check if the python
 > version is set correctly that line isn't helpful at all.

Well, Tres appearantly hasn't had time to respond.  I think the line should
become:

#!/usr/bin/env python2.3

This will then be modified on installation by distutils to point to the Python
interpreter which was involved in the installation.  I think this is the
right thing for both developers working from CVS and site developers and
administrators working with installed versions.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fred at zope.com>
PythonLabs at Zope Corporation