[Zope-dev] Zope 2.7 memory behaviour

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Tue Mar 23 15:01:32 EST 2004

Stefan Doerig wrote at 2004-3-23 10:31 +0100:
>No, I don't think so, but I might be wrong. I mail you the test template
>I'm accessing.
>
>### BEGIN mon-clear
><dtml-var standard_html_header>
><dtml-var REQUEST>
><dtml-var standard_html_footer>
>### END mon-clear
>

>### BEGIN standard_html_header
><head>
><title></title>
></head>
>standard_html_header
>### END standard_html_header
>

>### BEGIN standard_html_footer
>standard_html_footer
>### END standard_html_footer
>
>That's all. The reference count looks like this after a while

Your test looks quite innocent.

I tried to reproduce it (about 5.000 "ab" requests against
something similar to your "mon-clear") and could not see
any memory leak. Especially, no HTTPRequest or ImplicitAcquirerWrapper
were leaked.

However, you may have an "AccessRule" (or some other
"__before_publishing_traverse__" or "__bobo_traverse__" hook)
that leaks requests.

--
Dieter