[Zope-dev] proposal: serving static content faster

Jamie Heilman jamie at audible.transient.net
Wed Mar 24 03:25:26 EST 2004

Chris McDonough wrote:
> http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Proposals/FasterStaticContentServing

Sounds good.  WRT your comments on the need for a cache multiplexer so
one can handle the case of HTTP cache control headers & opaque
server-side caches working together--I'm really wondering if a better
solution isn't to just remove the cache header manipulations from
where they are now (in a seperate product) and integrate it more into
an API any where object [that wants to] can use.  HTTP cache control
really is a protocol level thing, and the way its bundled as an add-on
service right now feels pretty awkward.  But anyway, thats a
digression from the main thrust of your let them eat producer
proposal, which I think is a good idea in general.

--
Jamie Heilman                     http://audible.transient.net/~jamie/
"I was in love once -- a Sinclair ZX-81.  People said, "No, Holly,