[Zope-dev] Re: ZPT for CSS, anyone?

Shane Hathaway shane at zope.com
Tue Mar 30 22:14:33 EST 2004

On 03/30/04 14:31, Tres Seaver wrote:
> I strongly favor DTML over ZPT for those cases where you need to
> generate dynamic "plain" text (mail, CSS, Javascript, etc.)  Neither
> will be "transparent" to tools like Dreamweaver, but then again I can't
> imagine *any* markup that would be transparent;  it would pretty much
> have to be embedded in whatever "comment" syntax the underlying language
> defines.

Here is a fairly transparent syntax to consider.

p {
   color: gray;
   background-color: white;
   -tal-define: preferences context/preferences;
   -tal-attribute-color: preferences/foreground;
   -tal-attribute-background-color: preferences/background;
}

That would be pretty neat.  It wouldn't be as expressive as ZPT, but
that might be an asset.

Shane