[Zope-dev] Re: [Collector] Strange reject policy

Tim Peters tim at zope.com
Thu May 6 14:42:57 EDT 2004

[Ken Manheimer]
> All the actions are verbs, "won't fix" is not a verb.  Can you
> suggest a verb the more clearly indicates the result is "won't
> fix"?

Sorry, I got lost on the first sentence:  what difference does it make to
anything whether they're verbs, adjectives, a mix, ...?  They're all just
cryptically abbreviated answers to the question "what do you want to do with
this report?".

"We want to resolve it."
"Sorry, we want to reject it".
"Sorry, but while it is arguably a bug, we won't fix it."

If someone claims they can't understand what "won't fix" means, I'll be
sympathetic.  Until then, "won't fix" sounds perfect to me.