[ZODB-Dev] Re: BTrees strangeness (was [Zope-dev] Zope 2.X BIG Session problems - blocker - our site dies - need help of experience Zope developer, please)

Chris McDonough chrism at plope.com
Sat May 15 13:04:40 EDT 2004

On Fri, 2004-05-14 at 22:49, Michael Dunstan wrote:

> hmm... I suspect there are few holes in this...
>
> - Need to make sure there is no get_transaction().begin() in
> zpublisher_exception_hook() of lib/python/Zope/App/startup.py
>
>    That begin() would mean that the error handling is not in fact part
> of the original transaction?

Right.

> - An exception within err_hook() (aside from a Retry) will mean that
> abort() is never called.

Ya, thanks.

Dieter, do you think you can read this patch and give a thumbs up or
down on it?  (If SteveA and/or Toby are reading, please do same?)

On a different subject, the publisher probably shouldn't pass around
traceback objects (e.g. when it calls into err_hook) as Tres believes
that may be a memory leak waiting to happen.  I will first apply the
error-in-main-transaction patch to the 2.7 branch and worry about that
later however.

- C