[Zope-dev] Re: [ZODB-Dev] Re: BTrees strangeness (was Zope 2.X BIG Session problems - blocker - our site dies - need help of experience Zope developer, please)

Chris McDonough chrism at plope.com
Sat May 15 23:34:51 EDT 2004

On Sat, 2004-05-15 at 23:11, Steve Jibson wrote:
> Chris,
>
> Okay, correct me if I'm wrong.  This means the big ugly SESSION problem
> his completely fixed.  If so, you are my new best friend! (whether you
> like it or not).

Well, I'm afraid I will need to correct you. ;-)  There is one more
corner case that hasn't been covered that exhibits itself when a session
is accessed from within the standard_error_message.  It requires a
change in the main publishing code, for which exists a patch that hasn't
quite yet been vetted (see earlier posts in this thread regarding
Publish.py).  This should work itself out over the next week or so I
suspect.

> Anyway,  I'll put your updates (TemporaryStorage.py and Transience.py)
> on a couple of my customer's systems (that have been experiencing
> regular KeyErrors in SESSION) on Monday and I'll let you know if I see
> any problems.

Thanks... make sure you use the latest code from the Zope-2_7-branch in
CVS.

> This is pretty big.  If all goes well with testing (I assume Michael
> will be testing your latest stuff as well), I think this is important
> enough that y'all should consider a 2.7.1 release with this fix.

2.7.1b1 is scheduled to be released on May 24
(http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/Zope2.7/FrontPage/ReleaseSchedule27)

> Thanks again!  (I know you've probably lost some hair and a bit of
> sanity over this one.)

Hope it goes smoothly.  I'm bald at this point. ;-)

- C