[Zope-dev] Re: Conflict errors on BDBMinimal storage

Tres Seaver tseaver at zope.com
Tue May 18 16:55:57 EDT 2004

robert rottermann wrote:

>> On Tue, 2004-05-18 at 14:15, Tres Seaver wrote:
>>

>>> I recently reworked Anthony Baxter's SQLSessions product for a
>>> consulting customer, essentially modernizing the code and making it
>>> compliant with the new Sessions interface (I dropped the bits which
>>> do the work currently done by BrowserIDManager).  It took me about
>>> six hours or so, including writing unit tests.  Unfortunately, I
>>> don't have access to that code, due to the nature of the consulting
>>> arrangement.
>>>
>>> What I would like to do is revisit the effort, using the new
>>> PluginRegistry code released as part of the PluggableAuthService
>>> release;  I am, however, pretty well booked up for the next few
>>> weeks. I would be glad to advise anybody who felt called to take on
>>> such an effort, however.
>>>
> I do not know whether I understand this email correctly. So mabe I am
> off topic.
> We would like to use  thre PluggableAuthService to replace a userfolder
> that authenticates against a an email server (calling a web service to
> do so) and then caches authentification and other user info in a session.
> So we would like to dig into what both of you seem not to have time to do.
> How can we get at PluggableAuthService?
> I did not find it anywhere.

The PluggableAuthService product is available in CVS:

    http://cvs.zope.org/Products/PluggableAuthService

It depends on the PluginRegistry product:

    http://cvs.zope.org/Products/PluginRegistry

Both are "releasable", but not yet released (I just reminded Zac to cut
the release tarballs).  PAS has a SessionAuthHelper plugin which should
serve as a model for the part of your problem which revolves around the
session;  you would need to write an "authenticator" plugin which
validated credentials against your web service.

> And we would of course gladly accept Tres offer for advise.

I was referring to using the PluginRegistry, which is a lower-level
utility, to (re)write the SQLSessions product, which needs to be
"pluggable" in order to accomodate different backends.  The PIR is a
Zope 2 analog to the Zope 3 "local utility" service:  it stores a
perstent map of the plugins registered / activated for a set of
application-defined plugin interfaces.

Tres.
Tres Seaver                                tseaver at zope.com