[Zope-dev] Threads dying on zope 2.7.0 on one Zeo setup, ZServer exception

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Tue May 18 16:31:00 EDT 2004

Heimo Laukkanen wrote at 2004-5-18 14:10 +0300:
>At the moment with testing setup under load test ZServer dies - leaving
>all but one thread at almost 0% cpu and that one thread working in high
>loads of 90%. Testing similar zeo-setup with development instances do
>not produce this.

Provided, you work under Linux, you can try to attach
to the process with GDB and analyse the thread behaviour.

I use the functions "ps" (Print String) and "pfr" (Print FRame)
during such analysis. They are defined by:

def ps
x/s ({PyStringObject}$arg0)->ob_sval
end

def pfr
ps f->f_code->co_filename
ps f->f_code->co_name
p f->f_lineno
end

You can apply "ps" to an string object.

You can call "pfr" in an "eval_frame" frame context.

--
Dieter