[Zope-dev] Re: Conflict errors on BDBMinimal storage

Dario Lopez-Kästen dario at ita.chalmers.se
Wed May 19 02:34:59 EDT 2004

Tres Seaver wrote:

> [...]

<...snip...>

<...snip...>

I actually need this whithin the next couple of weeks - only one caveat:
I'd have to do a serious read-up on sessioning, which I don't understand
at all and the PluggableAuthService product, which I never heard of
until I read about it.

We have something similar to SQL-Sessions. However, our security
machinery is built on top of Zopes own (in parallell not replacing it).
It is loosely modelled around a mix of Zope's way of doing things with a
hint of XUF (we couldn't use XUF at the time, because it wasn't stable
enough back then).

One of the goals wiht the current rewrite of one of our apps is to go
back doing things the Zope-way, by using Zope's own security mechanisms.
We have working solutions for authentication, but the sessioning part
remains - especically since we, like in Steve's setup expire sessions on
the server rather than on the browser end.

So... any hints on where to begin reading for the completely-lost newbie?

/dario