[Zope-dev] http://collector.zope.org/Zope/1347 - Zeo help

Laurence laurence at fluxinc.com
Sat May 22 16:57:04 EDT 2004

Hey guys,

Sorry if this is a faq or otherwise covered elsewhere, but I've encountered quite a big problem with Zeo in my environment.

I'm running FreeBSD 5.2.1 (Current as of last night) with Zope 2.7.0, Postgresql 7.4.2, Python 2.3.3 and psycopg-1.1.13.

We have been developing with Zope using a single Zope server without Zeo and the time have come to migrate onto Zeo. Everything seemed to come accross smoothly (We brought up the new server in a single Data.fs config) and everything seemed fine so we moved onto setting up Zeo with the Data.fs.

It seems that if we nest ZPT's more then three deep (ZPTA includes ZPTB which includes ZPTC) we get a seg fault and the Zope process dies (The Zeo server is fine). If we load ZPTB or comment out the inclusion of ZPTC everything works fine. It's when we encounter 3 or more layers that the server seg faults.

I've included the output from gdb on the collector. I've been searching all day and hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.

http://collector.zope.org/Zope/1347

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Laurence