[Zope-dev] Re: Read-only root database doesn't work ... bug or feature?

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Tue May 25 10:42:15 EDT 2004

On Tue, May 25, 2004 at 04:13:18PM +0200, Martijn Faassen wrote:
> Paul Winkler wrote:
> >On Mon, May 24, 2004 at 09:50:31AM +0200, Martijn Faassen wrote:
> >>Yup, it's the help system.
> >
> >This is very odd.  Did you see the message I sent
> >to formulator-dev a few days ago?
>
> No, sorry, just taking a look at it.
>
> >I spent some time tracing
> >the source of the ReadOnlyErrors and was *sure* it was coming from
> >initializeFieldForm.  Today I am trying again and it seems that
> >indeed, the calls to registerHelp and registerFieldHelp are the cause,
> >and initializeFieldForm is not writing to the ZODB after all.
> >I wonder what the heck I was doing differently.  Sigh.
>
> Hmm. How do you detect the cause anyway?

just commenting out various stuff in initialize()
and restarting zope to see if I get ReadOnlyError.
This is what is puzzling; if I use the same technique today,
the error seems clearly related to the registerHelp and
registerFieldHelp calls... but last week I concluded that
those were not the problem, and I don't recall what made me think that.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com