[Zope-dev] Re: [Zope3-dev] Re: Re: RFC: TALES adapters and TAL/Tales variable namespaces

Tres Seaver tseaver at zope.com
Thu May 27 09:30:44 EDT 2004

Jim Fulton wrote:
> Sidnei da Silva wrote:
>
>> | So far, I like:
>>
>> OTOH, for 'valid' xhtml, u would have to write:
>
> You mean well-formed.
>
>>  foo/bar->dc/title
>>
>> Totally defeating the purpose. One may argue that this would not be
>> part of the output, but it breaks the editors (at least nxml-mode).
>
> Wrong. Double check the spec.  (I did. :)
>
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/REC-xml11-20040204/#NT-AttValue
>
> You only need to escape the less-than because there's no way to
> mistake "a->b" as a tag.

xmllint (from libxml2) doesn't think the '>' is legitimate::

   [/home/tseaver]
   $ cat > test.xml
   <?xml version="1.0"?>
   <test attribute="foo > bar" />
   [/home/tseaver]
   $ xmllint test.xml
   <?xml version="1.0"?>
   <test attribute="foo &gt; bar"/>

I would be reluctant to duel with Daniel using my XML language lawyer chops.

Tres.
Tres Seaver                                tseaver at zope.com