[Zope-dev] Re: serving BLOBs

Tres Seaver tseaver at zope.com
Mon Oct 11 12:59:39 EDT 2004

Johan Carlsson wrote:
> What exactly is the filestream_iterator that the FileCacheManager uses?
>
> As I understand it this is a new feature?

For Zope >= 2.7.2, ZPublisher defines an interface,
ZPublisher.Iterators.IStreamIterator.  An application can return an
object implementing this interface to the publisher, instead of a
string;  if so, the publisher hands it directly to medusa, and frees up
the application thread / database connection.  medusa will use the
iterator to send the response back to the user, without first converting
it to a single big string.

Tres.
Tres Seaver                                tseaver at zope.com