[Zope-dev] Re: Python2.4 and Zope 2.7

Matt Hamilton matth at netsight.co.uk
Sun Oct 17 17:33:43 EDT 2004

chrism wrote:

> FWIW, the fact that you get the error at that point means that
> cDocumentTemplate can't be imported (it's using pDocumentTemplate, which
> nobody uses since it's a "fallback").  This is probably the root of the
> problem.  I suspect pDocumentTemplate would give the same error on any
> platform.  I would start investigating why cDocumentTemplate fails to
> import.

Doh!  I bet it is because I have copied over the install from one of our
other servers, and the C components will have been compiled with py2.3,
and hence probably not imported successfully into py2.4.

Before I realised this I did a fresh install, using Zope 2.7.3b2 and
py2.4a3 and after I got all the modules I needed recompiled for py2.4
(PIL, GD, 4Suite, etc.) I started Zope and is still crashed with a Bus
Error.  Which was what I was getting with py2.3 on FreeBSD/AMD64.  So it
looks like it just gets a little further with py2.4, but there are still
problems.  I'll try and get the recursion limit a bit lower and see if
that helps it get through.

-Matt

Matt Hamilton                                       matth at netsight.co.uk
Netsight Internet Solutions, Ltd.        Business Vision on the Internet