[Zope-dev] Can I configure additional loggers via zope.conf?

Fred Drake fdrake at gmail.com
Thu Oct 28 09:29:15 EDT 2004

On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 14:33:37 +0200, Ames Andreas (MPA/DF)
<andreas.ames at tenovis.com> wrote:
> sorry if this the wrong list, I just wasn't sure.

This is as good a list as any.

> I'd like to use a python lib which creates and uses its own logger
> objects/hierarchy.  This hierarchy is not a subtree of the
> 'event'-hierarchy or the other default Zope-logger hierarchies.
> Unfortunately I wasn't able to define a <logger> section in my
> zope.conf (without changing the Zope/Startup/zopeschema.xml).

Right.  This is something we should consider adjusting a bit.  Current
versions of ZConfig (Zope 2.8+, Zope 3) have enough support for
Python's logging package that this can be done, but a little suger is
still needed at the schema level.

I don't think that this would appear in the 2.7.x line, since that
would represent a new feature.

Please file a feature request for this so we don't forget it.  This
can be assigned to me, though I'm not sure when I'll be able to get to
it.

  -Fred

Zope Corporation