[Zope-dev] using VirtualHostMonster in a ZPublisher python module?

Tino Wildenhain tino at wildenhain.de
Sun Sep 19 14:14:24 EDT 2004

Hi,

Am So, den 19.09.2004 schrieb Royce um 19:27:
> Hi all,
>
> Can I somehow get a VirtualHostMonster inserted into a
> ZPublisher-based python module published through changes to z2.py? Am
> having problems with "<base href…>" with apache proxying for this
> python module. Have scoured past discussions but haven't found an
> answer to this.
>
> I have two areas declared to zhttp_handler():
>
> 1. /z  -- standard managed zope area
> 2. /app -- my python module which is a ZPublisher-based app that
> doesn't have /manage or the other "managed zope" stuff
>
> For #2 I modified z2.py per Amos' write up: "How to Publish Your Own
> Python Modules" (http://www.zope.org/Members/Amos/ZPublisher)  ...
> (thanks, Amos!). But I can't get the "base href" set properly for
> this.
>
> Changes to z2.py shown below. I really appreciate any light people can
> shed on this. Am willing to pay for help on this.
>
> Thanks!
> Royce
>
> p.s. alternately I could import the python module as an ExternalMethod
> but have had serious import problems when doing so.

What is this module doing? The feature you use is rarely used by
anyone. If you need the functionality of VHM there, I guess
you have to write your own or hardcode URL references somehow.

If you strictly use URLs relative to server root (that is, all
starting with /) there is no problem.

Regards
Tino Wildenhain