[Zope-dev] OS X 10.3.8 + mount_webdav + Zope all on powerbook

Pavel Zaitsev pavel at md5.ca
Sat Apr 2 01:38:07 EST 2005

Good evening(or morning?);-),
I am just wondering if any of you have such installation, I am having
problems with OS X because of Zope behaviour of HTTPRequest and cgi.py
it uses for FieldStorage which in turn uses TemporaryFile. I need
mount_webdav... I wish to cross notes before nuking my installation and
redoing the install, testing for the bug and filing it with apple.
Problem is that when using mount_webdav agains zope, mount_webdav is
much too verbose and requests status for every entity in the directory,
invoking HTTPRequest and thus creating at least one temporary file per
listed. When sporradically browsing the mount point, zope comes in
conflict with some internal locks on the filesystem access that webdav
places...
that is speculation from my experience. Open call never returns, I have
made tracebacks when the system stalls. Zope administrator process kill
the instance that does not respond to however it is being queried being
alive .. but its gone into the kernel and no threads are running, so it
is killed off and new instance of zope satisfies the webdav request
minuetes later ... everything comes back to life...
I think I will modify cgi.py and release a patch so it does not use disk
based files maybe just pseudo memory files.

So please post if you run zope and os x  with webdav mount in tandem
please...
much thanks,
pavel