[Zope-dev] opinion: speeding up large PUT uploads

Chris McDonough chrism at plope.com
Mon Apr 4 16:42:05 EDT 2005

On Mon, 2005-04-04 at 14:27, Dieter Maurer wrote:
> Even a "PUT" may get a multipart entity.

But it never actually does in practice.  Or if it does, I've never seen
it.

And if it did, would an implementation just store the multipart-encoded
body?  I suppose it could do anything, but it seems like it could be
rather general and useless to allow multipart PUT bodies especially
given that no one has seemed to need it in the last six years.  That's
what POST is for.

> At least, the HTTP specification
> does not tell anything to the contrary.

No, it doesn't.

> Otherwise, (working) optimizations are of course welcome...

This one works. ;-)

- C