[Zope-dev] I want Zope 2.9 to use Zope 3's security architecture.

Sidnei da Silva sidnei at awkly.org
Wed Apr 6 13:34:21 EDT 2005

On Wed, Apr 06, 2005 at 12:49:19PM -0400, Jim Fulton wrote:
| >i.e. will I still write:
| >
| >    security.declareProtected(SomePermission, 'foo')
| >    def foo(self):
|
| That will work, and I don't see a need to deprecate it.
| Eventually, though, I expect products to migrate to
| ZCML-based security declarations.

BTW, Five already allows ZCML-based security declarations, to the
extent supported by Zope 2. You can't protect assigning to instance
attributes by a permission until we move to Zope 3 security
implementation.

| It was/is possible to control access to mapping items
| based on item values (e.g. key values).

Is this related in any way to having a dictionary or callable in
__allow_access_to_unprotected_subobjects__?

I ask because we just started abusing this one *wink*.

--
Sidnei da Silva <sidnei at awkly.org>
http://awkly.org - dreamcatching :: making your dreams come true

<jumpy> we are the knights who say INT! SHORT! and UNSIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGNNNNNNNNNNNEDDDDDDDDDDDDD LONNNNNNNNNGGGGGG!