[Zope-dev] SiteRoot and VHM

Jens Vagelpohl jens at dataflake.org
Thu Apr 7 02:26:20 EDT 2005

On Apr 7, 2005, at 1:45, Florent Guillaume wrote:

> After spending an hour helping someone debug a site that had an hidden
> SiteRoot somewhere that prevented a virtual host monster from working,
> it was suggested to me that if there's a virtual host monster, it
> should take precedence (and deactivates) any further SiteRoot. I think
> it's a good idea.

Wouldn't that fall under "Unexpected new behavior"? VHMs have always
been "inert" objects that don't do anything unless you specifically use
the Mappings tab or you hand them magic URL path elements. That was
their beauty as opposed to the "dangerous" SiteRoot. Now you propose
adding magic. Magic is BAD, IMHO.

-0 on the trunk, but -1 for any maintenance branch.

jens