[Zope-dev] Re: SiteRoot and VHM

Laurence Rowe l at lrowe.co.uk
Thu Apr 7 07:55:09 EDT 2005

-1 for removing it. I think it's a cool feature :-)

I like the ability to use a 'blank' SiteRoot (one with a blank base and
path) in conjunction with an access rule to set request variables when I
access my site in through a particular point (eg set the plone_skin
variable when I access my site through /admin or force a particular
language when I access my site through /language-name). This is in
addition to using VHM and apache rewrite rules in the standard way.

I guess this could be done with more complicated rewrite rules but then
I become dependent on accessing the site trough apache and lose some
flexibility.

Laurence