[Zope-dev] Data manager interface -- tpc_begin and other changes

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Mon Apr 25 10:34:55 EDT 2005

This is for people who've implemented ZODB data managers.  Data managers
are components that manage persistent data under transaction control,

We've recently tried to clean up and document the data-manager
interfaces.  In addition, over the weekend, I implemented savepoints
and was able to simplify the interfaces quite a bit.  See IDataManager
and ISavePointDatamanager in:

   http://svn.zope.org/ZODB/trunk/src/transaction/interfaces.py?view=markup

In particular, note that:

- The subtransaction APIs have disappeared fro data managers, and

- tpc_begin no longer takes a second "subtransaction" argument.

I *could* try to provide support for data managers with tpc_begin
taking 2 arguments, but I'm guessing that I don't need to.  I'm guessing
that no one has written data managers that require a second argument.
If this is not true and you have a data manager that requires a second
argument that I need to support, please let me know.

Jim