[Zope-dev] Is there a Zope 2.7.8 planned?

Andreas Jung lists at andreas-jung.com
Wed Aug 10 12:04:25 EDT 2005

--On 10. August 2005 08:54:59 -0500 Paul Winkler <pw_lists at slinkp.com> 

> Hiya,
> I'm looking at the two patches that were uploaded for
> http://www.zope.org/Collectors/Zope/1810 which is assigned to me... BUT:
> 1) Have we reached the end of the 2.7 line? Do I need to apply
> this to the 2.7 branch?  Or can I just put this on the trunk and
> 2.8 branches and leave it at that? I really hate having to deal with
> both CVS and SVN for one fix...

Why should we have reached the end? 2.7 should be supported as long as 
needed (I think at least for one further year) until 2.8 will be widely 
adopted (whatever that means). This means for me I will make releases as 
soon as their is a significant number of fixes or in case of important 
security fixes.

> 2) Since 2.8.1 is planned for tomorrow, should I a) hurry up and get it
> in before that, or b) wait because I don't want to risk merging a
> not-widely-tested patch so close to the final release?
> or c) just create a bugfix branch and leave it for somebody else to sort
> out the merge, since I'll be out of town for the next 2 weeks starting
> tomorrow and can't help if there's anything wrong with the fix? :-)

No further untested fixes or whatever are acceptable for 2.8.1. Please 
commit your fixes after the release tomorrow.


-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 186 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope-dev/attachments/20050810/1a82730d/attachment.bin

More information about the Zope-Dev mailing list