[Zope-dev] Re: Python2.4 Security Audit ETA???

Christian Theune ct at gocept.com
Fri Dec 2 01:33:51 EST 2005

Hi,

Am Mittwoch, den 30.11.2005, 15:52 +0100 schrieb Philipp von
Weitershausen:
> Andreas Jung wrote:
> > Let's say it this way: it's safer than with Zope 2.8.3 but it is still not
> > supported :-)
>
> >From where I'm standing, with Zope 2.8.4 it's as safe as with Zope 2.9
> (which actually *requires* Python 2.4...) So it is really just a label
> we put on the 2.8 and 2.9 branches, in terms of the relevant code base
> they're the same...

Statements like that are *dangerous*. The label is all that it is about.
It is against the possibility that although the likely relevant code
base is the same, there might be some minor minor minor switch that
makes everything burn.

There are _several_ major linux distributions out there that already
ignore this label and shipped Zope with Python 2.4. It's not helpful to
argue them out of that if we don't care for the label ourselves.

Christian

--
gocept gmbh & co. kg - schalaunische str. 6 - 06366 koethen - germany
www.gocept.com - ct at gocept.com - phone +49 3496 30 99 112 -