[Zope-dev] Logging of ConflictError

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Fri Dec 2 14:40:44 EST 2005

Florent Guillaume wrote at 2005-12-1 19:49 +0100:
>I've improved the logging of ConflictError in Zope 2.9 and trunk.
>
>http://svn.zope.org/?rev=40454&view=rev
>
>Now you'll get two things:
>- logs at level BLATHER for each conflict, but it may be retried
>- log at level ERROR when the conflict can't be retried anymore and is
>returned to the browser as an error.

Apparently, you stopped following our thread (you, Chris, me):

  In my view, a "ConflictError" observed by the user
  should be treated exactly like any other exception observed by the user:
  it should go through the "error_log" and "standard_error_message".
  It might be logged (when the user decides that exceptions seen
  by the user should be logged).

  The approach to achieve this it to fix a bug in Zope's
  "zpublisher_exception_hook", not to add an explicit log
  when the final retry fails (though the extra log entry
  will not hurt significantly).

--
Dieter