[Zope-dev] File is not Contained

Thomas Lotze tl at gocept.com
Tue Dec 13 17:19:55 EST 2005

Hi,

I noticed that zope.app.file.File does not inherit from
zope.app.container.contained.Contained. This does not stop a file from,
e.g., getting added to a folder (and the File type does appear in the
ZMI add menu). It does, however, stop you from getting at the File's
parent. Currently, File cannot be used as a proper content type, though it
looks like it is supposed to be one.

IMO File should inherit from Contained; am I wrong for some reason, or is
this an issue that should be fixed? If the latter, I'd look into it.

--
Thomas