[Zope-dev] '-C' in REQUEST.form ?

Florent Guillaume fg at nuxeo.com
Sat Dec 17 12:27:58 EST 2005

I have a strange thing in Zope 2.8 and Zope 2.9 I never noticed.
{'-C': ''} is present in REQUEST.form for a GET request without
arguments.
A simple script "showrequest" with "return repr
(context.REQUEST.form)" shows it.

A bit of digging shows this is due to cgi.py which has the code (in
parse()):
         if sys.argv[1:]:
             qs = sys.argv[1]
         else:
             qs = ""

And Zope is actually run with the command line:
/usr/local/bin/python /opt/zope28/lib/python/Zope2/Startup/run.py -C /
home/fg/zope28/etc/zope.conf
which explains the '-C'.

What should we do? Clear sys.argv[1:] on Zope start?

Florent

+33 1 40 33 71 59   http://nuxeo.com   fg at nuxeo.com