[Zope-dev] Re: Unit Test Failures

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Mon Dec 19 13:57:02 EST 2005

Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
> Jim Fulton wrote:
>
>>Obviously, some other test isn't cleaning up after itself.
>
> Yes, that was obvious to me too. It was confusing that the same test would pass on Five
> 1.2, though, and I couldn't find any obvious differences. As trial and error usually
> takes time, I left the issue to be resolved at a later time. And then, as I said, I just
> forgot, my bad.
>
> I'm investigating now, but no promises that I'll produce results soon. I won't forget it
> this time, though :).

I found the problem. I remembered how Zope X3 3.0 and 3.1+ handle the
setup of the local component hooks differently (local component hooks
make sure that zapi.getSiteManager() would actually look in the
thread-local for a site and not just default to the global site). So, in
the end the problem was actually that previous tests would clean up too
much, not too little.

I've checked in a fix in the Five repository, but haven't merged that
the Zope repository yet. Will do that tomorrow as my eyes are slowly
closing to sleep and the matches won't hold any longer ;).

G'night

Philipp