[Zope-dev] zope-2.9 r40780 make install doesn't finish, files missing from bin

Martijn Faassen faassen at infrae.com
Thu Dec 22 16:24:49 EST 2005

Jim Fulton wrote:

> And would have made including Zope 3 in Zope 2 a real mess.

I realize that zpkg has important benefits and use cases. My point with
trying to point out weaknesses is not to argue against the existence of
zpkg - something like that needs to exist given the use case of one
repository multiple distributions. I want to create awareness of other
use cases that perhaps need to be fixed as well.

Part of this is due to learning curve issues. Part of this is because
this can be seen as a non-essential difference between Zope and the rest
of the world -- I wonder whether other Python projects have dealt with
one repository multiple distributions before, or whether Zope is the
first. I suspect it is...; it's just that we're trailblazing an area is
not related to web applications directly, which makes it harder to do,
and is also something we as Zope should be very careful about.

Regards,

Martijn