[Zope-dev] Re: Directory structure on svn.zope.org

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Sun Dec 25 12:48:22 EST 2005

Andreas Jung wrote:
> The top-level directory structure on svn.zope.org appears a bit messy to
> me. There we have the folders for the "large" projects CMF, Zope, Zope3
> and lots
> modules that possibly don't belong there. Wouldn't it make sense to move
> them into a dedicated Zope3-modules folder (or choose another name)?

-1

Let's keep the SVN repo structure as flat as possible.

Note that I think a project's name should be the dotted name of the
Python package (if one such package exists), so it should be

  Products.CompositePage/
  Products.PluginRegistry/
  Products.PluggableAuthService/
  Products.Zelenium/

instead of

  CompositePage/
  PluginRegistry/
  PluggableAuthService/
  Zelenium/

Why? Because it's a pattern we're following with other package projects
already:

  zope.file
  zope.formlib
  zope.testing

Also, what is "Zope-Products"? Seems like it's a bag for historical
baggage. In that case it can go because that baggage is still in
revision history on older release branches...

Philipp