[Zope-dev] Renamed the Zope package to Zope2 and including Zope 3 packages in Zope 2.8

Martijn Faassen faassen at infrae.com
Wed Feb 2 04:35:48 EST 2005

Jim Fulton wrote:
> Paul Winkler wrote:
>>
>> +1 on all of those from me. However, I will be satisfied with anything
>> that gets released as 2.8 sometime this year ;-)
>

> Absolutely.  The top priority, IMO, is getting 2.8 out as soon as
> we can.

Excuse me, but it seems bizarre to me that *if* the top priority is to
get Zope 2.8 out the best way to go about it is to add a lot of features
to it. The best way to get Zope 2.8 out is to feature freeze it and
release it.

I recall hearing something about wanting to release Zope 2.8 as soon as
possible before, and that was a year ago. Please excuse me of being
skeptical this time around too.

Regards,

Martijn