[Zope-dev] Renamed the Zope package to Zope2 and including Zope 3 packages in Zope 2.8

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Wed Feb 2 07:51:45 EST 2005

Martijn Faassen wrote:
> Jim Fulton wrote:
>
>> Paul Winkler wrote:
>>

>>> +1 on all of those from me. However, I will be satisfied with anything
>>> that gets released as 2.8 sometime this year ;-)
>>

>> Absolutely.  The top priority, IMO, is getting 2.8 out as soon as
>> we can.
>

> Excuse me, but it seems bizarre to me that *if* the top priority is to
> get Zope 2.8 out the best way to go about it is to add a lot of features
> to it. The best way to get Zope 2.8 out is to feature freeze it and
> release it.

All I'm talking about is including some existing packages.  I'm not
proposing any more than that.

> I recall hearing something about wanting to release Zope 2.8 as soon as
> possible before, and that was a year ago. Please excuse me of being
> skeptical this time around too.

The main blocker was and is the need to get ZClasses working for backward
compatibility reasons.  I am curreently working on this as I find
time.  My intent is to try to clean up and use the persistent class
support from Zope 3 for this.  This code depends on zope.interface,
as does the trunk of ZODB.

Jim