[Zope-dev] Zope comes with bin/zopectl and bin/runzope but no zeo equivalents

Rodrigo Dias Arruda Senra rodsenra at gpr.com.br
Thu Feb 3 14:33:08 EST 2005

[Rodrigo Senra]:
>>I noticed that Zope 2.x usually comes with bin/zopectl and bin/runzope
>>scripts but no zeo equivalent scritps. Is there a reason for that ?

[Paul Winkler]
> What do you mean "usually comes with"?
> When you install Zope from a source tarball, you can
> run bin/mkzopeinstance.py to create the Zope scripts,
> and bin/mkzeoinstance.py to create the ZEO scripts.

Paul, I do apologize. I was accoustomed to "make instance" and
totally missed bin/mkzeoinstance.py. That solves the matter.

[Paul Winkler]
> Maybe what you are really complaining about is that
> the ./configure; make; make install process doesn't automatically
> make a ZEO instance?

That is what I *should* be complaining about <wink>!

[Paul Winkler]
> Or maybe that when you make install, the last message is:
> Zope binaries installed successfully.
> Now run '/home/pw/tmp/NewZope/bin/mkzopeinstance.py'
> ... but nothing is said about ZEO?

Perhaps such a reference would prevented me from making this blunder. =)
Obviously I think this is a good idea

[Rodrigo Senra]:
>>That was filed in ZC under:
>>http://collector.zope.org/Zope/1388

[Paul Winkler]
> That's about the lack of a ZEO batch file for the windows shell,
> aka DOS.  Different problem.

Indeed!  And if I have read that post carefully I could have
avoided two blunders, since it mentioned mkzeoinstance.py.
lol

Thank you.

best regrads,
Senra