[Zope-dev] Conflict errors on startup, revisited

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Fri Feb 25 05:33:32 EST 2005

Tim Peters wrote:
> I'm not really happy with that, because I have no theory for how ZEO
> client cache files _get_ out of synch.

The most common one for me is connecting a ZEO client to one storage
server (say a dev one) and then changing the config to connect to
another storage server (say a staging one) without making sure the cache
files are gone. That seems ot do it most time, and I'm sure I've got
POSKeyErrors and all manner of other weirdness too.

My workaround is never to use persistent client caches on clients that
I'm likely to connect to different servers. This seems a shame, I wish
there was some kind of safety check that ZEO could do to go "wait, these
caches are insane, they don't even apply to the server you're connecting to"

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk