[Zope-dev] [Zope 2] Skipping beta releases?

Jens Vagelpohl jens at dataflake.org
Sun Jul 3 10:32:29 EDT 2005

On 3 Jul 2005, at 15:16, Chris McDonough wrote:

> On Sun, 2005-07-03 at 09:13 +0200, Andreas Jung wrote:
>
>> Alpha and beta releases are fine for major releases. Beta releases
>> for a
>> minor release can be made if there are some changes or fixes that
>> must be
>> tested by people.
>>
>> Any comments?

+1

It's a sad state of affairs that the wailing and gnashing of teeth
only ever happens after a third-dot final release and few people
bother with the betas. In the light of the effort needed to produce a
Zope beta I support the decision.

I personally would still continue doing betas for things like CMF,
but then again the work needed to put together a release is a lot
less. And I still live under the illusion that those betas see a
modicum of testing ;)

jens