[Zope-dev] Re: bridging Zope core interfaces - a small proposal

yuppie y.2005- at wcm-solutions.de
Thu Jul 7 14:27:03 EDT 2005

yuppie wrote:
> I propose to move the Five bridging code (bridge.py,
> fiveconfigure.createZope2Bridge and related tests) to the Interface
> package of Zope 2. Five would still ship with a copy of that code for
> Zope 2.7 backwards compatibility.

Based on a suggestion from philiKON and some discussion on IRC I modify
my proposal:

The bridging code added to Interface should work the other way round,
bridging newstyle interfaces to oldstyle interfaces.

Existing Zope 2 interfaces should be converted to Zope 3 interfaces and
bridged back to Zope 2 interfaces for backwards compatibility.

Cheers, Yuppie