[Zope-dev] Re: [Zope-Checkins] SVN: Zope/branches/Zope-2_8-branch/ preparing 2.8.0 release for tomorrow

Tim Peters tim.peters at gmail.com
Sun Jun 5 14:07:52 EDT 2005

[Tim Peters]
>> Please check the md5 on the installer you used, to make sure it's the
>> _current_ installer.  It should be
>>
>> $ md5sum Z*
>> fb9aec9e3a0e5b3487752d5b7b798df6 *Zope-2.8.0-b2-win32.exe

[Andreas Jung]
> That's what I have. My box (vmware) is pretty much a new XP installation
> with no old Python installation except a local Zope installation which its
> own Python (but not registered anywhere in the registry).

I'm not sure what local Zope installation (LZI) means.  Running a
Windows Zope installer always writes registry keys, so if your LZI was
created by running a Windows Zope installer, you do have stuff in the
registry pointing at it.  I don't know why that would matter, but
maybe it does.