[Zope-dev] Re: [Z3lab] Nuxeo supports Zope Corp announces

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Fri Jun 17 07:04:17 EDT 2005

Jean-Marc Orliaguet wrote:
> This is really great news!
>
> I am going to start working at getting Chalmers to be one of the key
> players in the foundation which would make the foundation even more
> vendor-neutral. I am confident that this will go through.

This almost sounds as if the Foundation isn't to be vendor-neutral from
the start which is certainly not the intention of a foundation. What I
like about other open source foundations (take the Plone Foundation from
our community, for example) is that the members are developers, not
companies. The developers govern themselves, every developer gets a vote.

Philipp