[Zope-dev] Re: Zope 2.8: ZODB fix breaks undoable_transactions

yuppie y.2005- at wcm-solutions.de
Wed Jun 29 12:11:45 EDT 2005

Hi!

Tim Peters wrote:
> [yuppie]
>
>>http://svn.zope.org/?view=rev&rev=30334 changed the behavior of
>>undoInfo() in a way that is not backwards compatible.
>

> That's true, or at least "off-by-one" different than recent ZODB 3.2s.
>  Rev 30334 fixed two bugs in the implementation, so that the behavior
> matched what the documentation has always said undoInfo() did.  I
> don't know when the implementation got out of synch with the docs,

AFAICS there were no related changes in App.Undo.UndoSupport or
undo.dtml within the last 5 years, so I guess the 'broken' behavior
existed for quite a while and all existing code that uses undoInfo() or
undoable_transactions() depends on the old behavior.

> but
> however people want to resolve this I will not leave the
> implementation disagreeing with the docs.

Don't know what other people think. I believe restoring the old undoInfo
behavior and adjusting the documentation would be the best solution.
Fixing this in undoable_transactions would fork the behavior of both
methods and fixing all products that depend on the old behavior would
cause unnecessary trouble.

Cheers,

	Yuppie