[Zope-dev] Re: Zope 2.8: ZODB fix breaks undoable_transactions

Tim Peters tim.peters at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 14:47:16 EDT 2005

[yuppie]
> These are the two use cases I'm aware of. Both only use last > 0 and
> both expect slicing behavior for positive values, e.g. these conditions
> should be True if we don't change undoable_transactions::
>
>   db.undoInfo(0, 20) == db.undoInfo(0, 99)[0:20]
>   db.undoInfo(20, 40) == db.undoInfo(0, 99)[20:40]

I'm willing to change undoInfo to do that; the old UML docs will just
be wrong then.

> I don't care very much *how* this is resolved. All I want is to get the
> regressions in Zope 2 and CMF fixed.

If it continues to be the case that Zope contains no tests verifying
the behavior(s) it relies on, I'll have no way to know whether that
stuff is fixed or not.  ZODB will pass its own tests, but that's not
enough (the ZODB tests have been passing all along).