[Zope-dev] Cookie problem with mySqlUserFolder

Aruna Kathiria aruna at cignex.com
Fri Mar 18 19:22:56 EST 2005

Hello everyone:

I am facing the problem regarding cookie.
One of our website uses mySqlUserFolder.

Problem is if user logs on one computer, and if he/she comes again on
same computer, computer remembers him/her. That is good as it is what we
want.

But if he/she goes on another computer and logs on and then if he/she
come back to previous one, it looses it's reorganization though cookie
is there.

I checked what problem would be and found that each time logged in
process on different computers generates a random value for cookie on
that computer and also store same value in Tokens table on
mysqlUserFolder database. So everytime only cookie from one computer
matches the value with Tokens tables value. So other computer don't
remember the previous login. ( Though I don't know this is the reason of
my problem)

What would be the solution to keep reorganization on all computers on
which once user has been logged in? Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

With Regards,
Aruna Kathiriya
Sr.Consultant,