[Zope-dev] Re: Clarification re: Zope X3.1, 2.8

Andreas Jung lists at andreas-jung.com
Tue Mar 29 14:15:05 EST 2005

--On Dienstag, 29. März 2005 14:07 Uhr -0500 Tim Peters <tim at zope.com>
wrote:
> Regardless, what's the current status of this?  Last I saw, Andreas
> announced a plan to release 2.8a2 this coming Friday evening (according to
> my clock <wink>), but AFAICT the five-integration branch is still distinct
> from the trunk.

Right. My plan was to post a reminder that 2.8a2 is scheduled for this
weekend.
So all Five related integration work should be finished very soon otherwise
I am
going to reschedule a2.

> ZODB 3.4 requires some Zope3 packages, so there are potential integration
> headaches in two directions:  (1) possible problems for ZODB due to
> five-integration using versions of those packages older than the ones ZODB
> 3.4 has been using; and, (2) code in five-integration that runs afoul of
> changes in ZODB 3.4.  I can't predict these without trying the actual
> code.

I hope that the people doing the Five integration should have their stuff
ready in time
but there is no need to hurry with a release just for the sake of making a
release. Means:
if you need more time you weill get the time of course.

Andreas