[Zope-dev] More robust cookie handling

S.Aeschbacher zope at bturtle.ch
Wed Mar 30 16:21:07 EST 2005

I mistakenly sent the answer to a wrong adress. Here it comes again:

On Wed, Mar 30, 2005 at 05:21:35PM +0200, Andreas Jung wrote:

> --On Mittwoch, 30. März 2005 17:06 Uhr +0200 "S.Aeschbacher"
> <zope at bturtle.ch> wrote:
>
> >Hi
> >during some testing I did I stumbled over this problem.
> >
> >When a client which is accessing a page on a Zope server sends a _ZopeId
> >with other spelling (e.g. _ZOPEID). Zope does not accept the cookie and
> >(obviously) sends a new value in the answer.
>
> It this a real-world problem?
Probably not, it came up as a programming error on my side.

> >I'm not sure if this is a issue worth bothering as all user-agents seem
> >to leave the NAME part intact (except my self-written test-suite ;).
> >Changing the behaviour to ignore the case of the name would make it
> >somewhat more robust.
>
> Are there any browsers that change the name? If not, I don't care :-)
No idea, that's why I am posting it to the list. What abaut user-set
cookies (by user I mean someone developing on Zope)? Would Zope handle
them correctly if they use different spelling for the same attribute?
Sorry for the vague guess, but I just try to see the consequences of
not being entierly RFC compliant.

regards

Stefan