[Zope-dev] Zope 2.8, Five and Interfaces

yuppie y.2005- at wcm-solutions.de
Wed May 4 05:04:35 EDT 2005

Hi!

I had a closer look at Zope 2.8's Five and I'm concerned about the fact
that Five ships with redundant interface definitions:

- redundant code is always a problem because it's hard to keep things in
sync

- the fact that Five is maintained in a different repository and should
work with different Zope versions makes it almost impossible to change
Zope interfaces in a consistent way

So my questions are:

1.) Why are interfaces that are available as Zope 2 interfaces
duplicated in Five/interfaces.py instead of bridged?

2.) Could we move the interfaces that are currently not available as
Zope 2 interfaces to the corresponding packages in Zope 2.8, using
Five/interfaces.py just as an fallback for Zope 2.7 and old Five products?

If people agree that this is problem, I'd volunteer to help resolving it.

Cheers,

	Yuppie