[Zope-dev] relocating Zope 2 core interfaces - a proposal

Martijn Faassen faassen at infrae.com
Fri May 6 07:41:05 EDT 2005

Andreas Jung wrote:
[snip]

> -1. Such changes are not much acceptable *now*. 2.b2 will be released
>  this week and 2.8 final in about two weeks. Such changes should have
> been proposed during alpha phase...but I am against such change in
> this late release phase.

That's a good point. Let's amend the plan and say we start executing
this *after* Zope 2.8, possibly for Zope 2.9. I hope we can make that
release cycle relatively short anyway, and driven by Five changes; this
would be a good example of such. Jim may have bigger plans for deeper
Zope 3 integration (such as merging the security system), but if that is
going to take time then we could defer that until Zope 2.10.

This way, all the work that remains for me is to merge in Five 1.0 into
Zope 2.8.

Regards,

Martijn