[Zope-dev] Re: relocating Zope 2 core interfaces - a proposal

yuppie y.2005- at wcm-solutions.de
Fri May 6 08:00:26 EDT 2005

Hi!

Martijn Faassen wrote:
> Andreas Jung wrote:
> [snip]
>
>> -1. Such changes are not much acceptable *now*. 2.b2 will be released
>>  this week and 2.8 final in about two weeks. Such changes should have
>> been proposed during alpha phase...but I am against such change in
>> this late release phase.

For Zope 2.8 it is a low risk change and I can work on it within the
next days. The problem was introduced by adding Five and the beta phase
is for finding issues with new code and fixing them.

> That's a good point. Let's amend the plan and say we start executing
> this *after* Zope 2.8, possibly for Zope 2.9. I hope we can make that
> release cycle relatively short anyway, and driven by Five changes; this
> would be a good example of such. Jim may have bigger plans for deeper
> Zope 3 integration (such as merging the security system), but if that is
> going to take time then we could defer that until Zope 2.10.
>
> This way, all the work that remains for me is to merge in Five 1.0 into
> Zope 2.8.

My point is:

Doing that in a backward compatible way is impossible. So we have to do
it now or never.

Cheers,

	Yuppie